A touch of real Canadian maple syrup (and a sprinkling of naturally sweet licorice root) makes this naturally caffeine - free rooibos tea an ideal infusion for any time of day. Blended with freshly roasted cacao shells from Toronto's Chocosol, this truly Canadian tea is delicious hot or iced.
Traditional Preparation: Measure 1 tsp of loose tea and add to a tea filter or strainer (or use one tea bag). Steep in 8-12 oz freshly boiled water for 5 minutes. Delicious on its own, or lightly sweetened (with maple syrup of course). Enjoy!
Hot Latte Recipe: Measure 1 tsp of loose tea and add to a tea filter or strainer (or use one tea bag). Steep in 4-6 oz freshly boiled water for 5 minutes. Add hot steamed milk of your choice. (Dairy, nut, oat, etc)
Iced Maple Milk Tea Recipe: Steep 2 tsp (or two tea bags) of this tea in 6oz freshly boiled water for 5 minutes. At this point you can chill the tea in the freezer for 10 minutes (remove tea leaves or tea bags first) or pour into a glass over ice slowly. (The ice will partially dissolve) Add chilled milk of your choice and enjoy! Delicious with a drizzle of real maple syrup.
Rooibos, Cocao Shells, Natural Maple Flavour, Licorice Root, Safflower Petals.
The Health Benefits of Rooibos Tea:
The power of the rooibos plant is widely known in its native South Africa, where it has been consumed as a tea for centuries by adults and children alike. Over the past 40 years, many studies have been conducted on the unique health benefits of this plant.
- Rooibos is naturally caffeine – free, and this tea’s natural sweetness can reduce cravings for sugar – all for around three calories per cup
- Rooibos is high in vitamin C, which supports immune health. It also contains calcium, iron, magnesium, zinc, and AHA (alpha hydroxyl acid)
- Rooibos contains powerful polyphenols and flavonoids, which are effective anti – oxidants that have been proven to reduce inflammation and cell damage from free radicals
- Rooibos has been shown to reduce histamine response to environmental allergies, as it includes specific bioflavonoids that can block histamine response.
- Rooibos has been shown to improve skin conditions such as eczema and acne
- Rooibos is naturally low in tannins, which makes this tea a perfect alternative to traditional green and black teas (which can cause stomach discomfort for people sensitive to tannins)