Sale! 15% off our entire tea collection with coupon code SUPPORTLOCAL. - Free shipping on orders over $40
Recipe - Honey Chai Shortbread
This easy shortbread recipe is short on complexity but long on flavour!
Delicious on day one, these cookies just get better with time. (They turn out a bit firm when you use a stand mixer to blend the dough. For crumbly shortbread texture on day one, use a fork to hand blend the dough)
Our Honey Chai delivers a spicy, sweet kick. This recipe makes 25 cookies.
Honey Chai is an infused, ‘wet’ style chai. Honey preserves flavour and freshness, keeping this tea blend bold and spicy for many months.
- Steep 2 Tablespoons (35g) Honey Chai in 1 cup (8 oz) melted butter (salted) over low heat for 30 minutes.
- Sift 2 cups (300g) flour with 1/2 cup (60g) icing sugar. Add 1/2 tsp fine salt.
- Strain infused butter to remove solids, using the back of a spoon to push out as much delicious chai butter as possible.
- Using paddle attachment, blend infused butter into flour / sugar mixture until incorporated OR, blend by hand using a fork until dough barely comes together for the crumbliest, ‘shortest’ crumb.
- Form cookies by rolling 20g of dough into balls, then pressing a fork into the top to form ridges.
- Bake on parchment paper for 30 minutes at 300 Fahrenheit. Let cool, store in a clean tin, and age in a cool, dry place for up to one month. (Good luck getting them to last that long!)