Wild Blueberry Rooibos
Ripe, juicy blueberries take centre stage in this delectably fruity rooibos infusion that features Nova Scotia blueberries and Fair Trade rooibos. Enjoy this caffeine-free tea hot, or serve over ice.
Traditional Preparation: Steep one tea bag in 8-12 oz freshly boiled water for 5 minutes. Delicious on its own, or lightly sweetened. Enjoy!
Hot Latte Recipe: Steep one tea bag in 4-6 oz freshly boiled water for 5 minutes. Add hot steamed milk of your choice. (Dairy, nut, oat, etc)
Iced Tea Recipe: Steep 2 tea bags in 8oz freshly boiled water for 5 minutes. At this point you can chill the tea in the freezer for 10 minutes (remove tea bags and sweeten to taste first) or pour into a glass over ice slowly. (The ice will partially dissolve) Serve over a full glass of ice and garnish with frozen blueberries. Delicious!
100% natural ingredients, blended and packed in Canada:
Fair Trade rooibos, Hibiscus petals, Apple pieces, Nova Scotia blueberries, Elderberries, Currants, Cornflowers, natural flavour.
The Health Benefits of Rooibos Tea:
The power of the rooibos plant is widely known in its native South Africa, where it has been consumed as a tea for centuries by adults and children alike. Over the past 40 years, many studies have been conducted on the unique health benefits of this plant.
- Rooibos is naturally caffeine – free, and this tea’s natural sweetness can reduce cravings for sugar – all for around three calories per cup
- Rooibos is high in vitamin C, which supports immune health. It also contains calcium, iron, magnesium, zinc, and AHA (alpha hydroxyl acid)
- Rooibos contains powerful polyphenols and flavonoids, which are effective anti – oxidants that have been proven to reduce inflammation and cell damage from free radicals
- Rooibos has been shown to reduce histamine response to environmental allergies, as it includes specific bioflavonoids that can block histamine response.
- Rooibos has been shown to improve skin conditions such as eczema and acne
- Rooibos is naturally low in tannins, which makes this tea a perfect alternative to traditional green and black teas (which can cause stomach discomfort for people sensitive to tannins)