Lapsang Souchong Savoury Shortbreads
LAPSANG SOUCHONG SAVOURY SHORTBREADS
1 cup (2 sticks) chilled unsalted butter
1 tablespoon lapsang suchong loose leaf tea
¾ cup grated parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon coarse sea salt
1 tablespoon crushed red peppercorns
1¾ cup all purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Melt butter in small saucepan over medium heat. Add tea and steep 10 to 15mins until very fragrant.
- Blend butter with Parmesan cheese, salt, and crushed peppercorns.
- Add flour and mix until combined.
- Form dough into a ball, and chill for 1 hour. With a rolling pin, roll out cold dough onto a lightly floured surface. Cut into your favourite shape, and bake for 18-20 minutes.
- Let cookies cool before serving.
Makes 48 cookies.