Georgian Bay Berry
Layered with notes of wild raspberry and blueberry, this naturally caffeine-free rooibos tea was inspired by our founder's early childhood foraging adventures on the islands of Georgian Bay. Studded with blueberries from Nova Scotia, this Canada - inspired infusion is delicious hot or iced.
Traditional Preparation: Measure 1 tsp of loose tea and add to a tea filter or tea strainer (or use one tea bag). Steep in 8-12 oz freshly boiled water for 5 minutes. Delicious on its own, or lightly sweetened. Enjoy!
Georgian Bay Berry Iced Tea Recipe: Steep 2 tsp of this tea in 6oz freshly boiled water for 5 minutes. While warm, add a spoonful of your favourite fruit jam and stir. At this point you can chill the tea in the freezer for 10 minutes (remove tea leaves or tea bags first) or pour into a glass over ice slowly. (The ice will partially dissolve) Enjoy!
100% natural ingredients, blended and packed in Canada: Rooibos, Dried Blueberries, Dried Raspberries, Goji Berries, Calendula Petals, Raisin and Apple Pieces, Cornflower Petals, Hibiscus Petals, Elderberries, Natural Flavour.
The Health Benefits of Rooibos Tea:
The power of the rooibos plant is widely known in its native South Africa, where it has been consumed as a tea for centuries by adults and children alike. Over the past 40 years, many studies have been conducted on the unique health benefits of this plant.
- Rooibos is naturally caffeine – free, and this tea’s natural sweetness can reduce cravings for sugar – all for around three calories per cup
- Rooibos is high in vitamin C, which supports immune health. It also contains calcium, iron, magnesium, zinc, and AHA (alpha hydroxyl acid)
- Rooibos contains powerful polyphenols and flavonoids, which are effective anti – oxidants that have been proven to reduce inflammation and cell damage from free radicals
- Rooibos has been shown to reduce histamine response to environmental allergies, as it includes specific bioflavonoids that can block histamine response.
- Rooibos has been shown to improve skin conditions such as eczema and acne
- Rooibos is naturally low in tannins, which makes this tea a perfect alternative to traditional green and black teas (which can cause stomach discomfort for people sensitive to tannins)