Putting the Pumpkin Back in Pumpkin Spice Lattes
It's that time of year again!
PSLs are everywhere from candles to coffee. We wanted to celebrate the season with a 100% natural tea latte version you can make at home with a few simple ingredients. Sugar, oil, wax (yuck) and artificial flavour - free!
(Makes two cups)
1. Steep one cup of our Honey Chai, East Coast Chai, or Masala Chai double strong. (Use 2 tea bags, or two teaspoons of loose tea.)
2. In a small pot or milk frother, heat one cup milk of your choice. (We love oat or almond in place of dairy for this recipe)
3. Crack open a can of pumpkin puree - which seems to be everywhere this time of year. (Baking aisle) We used the puree, not the canned pie mix which includes sugar and spice. If you do end up using the pie mix, you will have a spicier, sweeter end result. The choice is yours!
4. Add two teaspoons of pumpkin puree to the milk while heating, and whisk until frothy and hot. We added the puree directly to our @BrevilleCanada electric milk frother with the latte attachment and it worked perfectly.
5. Divide tea into two mugs, and pour hot pumpkin infused milk to the top. Sweeten to taste.
Finish with a sprinkle of cinnamon or nutmeg. Enjoy!